The Finalists for the 2011 The John W. Campbell Memorial Award have been announced!
- Yarn – Jon Armstrong (Night Shade Books)
- Hull Zero Three – Greg Bear (Orbit)
- Zero History – William Gibson (Putnam)
- C – Tom McCarthy (Knopf)
- The Dervish House – Ian McDonald (Gollancz / Pyr Books)
- New Model Army – Adam Roberts (Gollancz)
- The Quantum Thief – Hannu Rajaniemi (Gollancz / Tor Books)
- Veteran – Gavin Smith (Gollancz)
- The Waters Rising – Sheri S. Tepper (Eos)
- Aurorarama – Jean-Christophe Valtat (Melville House)
- Anthill – E.O. Wilson (W.W. Norton & Company)
- Blackout/All Clear – Connie Willis (Spectra)
- How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe – Charles Yu (Pantheon)
There is quite a variety of books here with some of the usual suspects like Gibson, McDonald and Willis making an appearance as well as some authors I’ve never heard of. What do you think of this list? Who are your favorites to win it?